Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rushing River Rampage of No Greater Sacrifice of WoW 100 Words

My apology for being a day late with the WoW Weekly 100 Words post -- I am having Blogger issues! I still have issues, having had to restructure the blog layout, but at least I can now post.

What are you currently reading? Snag the WoW Weekly 100 Words badge and link for your blog post and hop along with us this week, sharing a 100 word excerpt from the book(s) you are currently reading. Be sure to add your post TITLE and LINK to the linky list at the end of this post.



Note: I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts.
 
 
This will be my last share from the book No Greater Sacrifice by author John C. Stipa, as I am nearly to the end of this excellent title. I am now sharing 100 words of Chapter LXIII, page 339:



      Meanwhile, Renee and David hurtled through frothing madness. The stream twisted, turned, and fell from under them in roller coaster fashion. Their headlamps flickered wildly. Hitting walls left and right, they rampaged through the rapids like a cork in a flood. David worked feverishly to try to keep them on course.
     "Renee! This is crazy!"
     "What should we do?" she yelled back.
     "If we get near the wall again, see if you can---"
     Renee and David screamed as the river disappeared.

LXIV

     As Renee and David dropped into darkness, their headlamps revealed nothing but swirling spray. Renee gripped the sides...



***



Be sure to visit the previous WoW 100 excerpts of "No Greater Sacrifice" where author John C. Stipa shares a comment or two of his own:


WoW Weekly 100 Words from No Greater Sacrifice
 
 
Stay tuned to Ruthi Reads! for my review and giveaway of the book, No Greater Sacrifice.
 


5 comments:

  1. glad to see you made it! I can hardly wait to see the review you post for this book! I have so enjoyed the weekly WOW's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda! Have you started reading "No Greater Sacrifice" yet?

    Am still having issues with my abitosunshine blog...items in the sidebar only appear if I click on the post titles, grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ruthi for this opportunity! I'll let you know when Book 2 come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, it's been an honor, and a bit o' fun, sharing excerpts from No Greater Sacrifice. My review is forthcoming, of course. I look forward to sharing your future publications. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!