Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Floating in Midair WoW 100 Words

I should be sleeping, yet I continue the reading of No Greater Sacrifice by author John C. Stipa, now sharing 100 words of Chapter XLIII, page 239:

     She thrust the relic high above her head. "GUYS, I FOUND IT!"
     At first, Renee could only blink away the rain trying to understand the bizarre vision in the distance. What the hell? Someone within the horseshoe semi-circle of stones had lit an oil torch, the glow illuminating an object floating in midair.
     Stuffing the bronze piece in her back pocket, Renee took several half-walking, half-lurching steps, then fell to her knees. There, in the inner circle of Stonehenge, strung from the top of the largest bluestone, his arms splayed out to either side, David Giovanni Arturo had been crucified.


***

Be sure to visit the previous WoW 100 excerpts of "No Greater Sacrifice" where author John C. Stipa shares a comment or two of his own:

No Greater Sacrifice WoW 100 Words


***



What are you currently reading? Snag the WoW Weekly 100 Words badge and link for your blog post and hop along with us this week, sharing a 100 word excerpt from the book(s) you are currently reading. Be sure to add your post TITLE and LINK to the linky list at the end of this post.

Note: I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts.


3 comments:

  1. My oh my.....didn't see that one coming!
    This book is next in my TBR.....will be interesting to see our different perspectives ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I didn't see it coming at all. I just sat there looking at the page, saying, "What the hell? I can't believe he (the author) offed one of his main characters! Crucifixtion style!

    Terrific writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! barely made it before the deadline!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!