Friday, September 9, 2011

What genre do you read?



The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers, authors, and readers and reviewers.
Each week a new question is offered up for us to answer in our blog post for the hop.


This week’s question (submitted by Lori):

“Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?”

MY RESPONSE: Being an eclectic reader, I almost didn't post to this week's question, as it didn't seem to apply ... at first. However, I decided to post, offering my initial thought and response...

I definitely do not read any one genre over another. I'm an eclectic reader and will read just about anything. However ... what I read is generally determined by my current mood and/or by requested reviews and by the books my author friends have published.

I will add that I have in the past preferred to read poetry and non-fiction. If poetry were no longer published? I'd write my own! And, I've plenty of author friends who write poetry and memoirs, so non-fiction would always be available to me to some degree in some format.

Fortunately, as an eclectic reader, I doubt I'll ever run out of reading material. Unfortunately, there's never enough time to read the many moods in print available to me!

I just finished reading "No Greater Sacrifice" and I am currently reading "That Day In September".

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you'd post to this one! Knowing that you read all over the board and poetry tends to be your favorite! I'm anxiously awaiting your review of No Greater Sacrifice! I just started it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get the review written, eventually, Brenda! How are you enjoying "No Greater Sacrifice" thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just found your blog..... hopping over from Real Life Deals and Hobbies on a Budget I read and review alot of books! Love reading!!! I'd love for you to check out my book reviews as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading YA! Please follow me at http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!