Friday, November 22, 2013

Gracie the Undercover Beagle #BookBeginnings

No doubt about it, kids will fall in love with Gracie The Undercover Beagle and her Sidekick Boston Blackie as they team up to solve the mystery of the egg thief. This children's book is first in a series of four-legged stories for children by author Douglas Quinn.

My full review of Gracie has now been published, but for today I wish to share with you the first sentence or two of the book's beginnings.

"The moment the morning sun peeked over the eastern horizon, Red the Rooster started crowing. The hen house was right outside Gracie's bedroom window, and when Red began his morning ritual, Gracie did what she usually did."


Of course, I will be linking up with Book Beginnings on Fridays, a blog hop for book lovers to share a sentence or two of a book with you.

Have a good book to share? Blog its beginning and link your post up with Rose City Reader!


14 comments:

  1. We are huge readers in our house! I think my daughter might enjoy this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt in my mind about it, Becky, your daughter would fall in love with Gracie and her friends!

      Delete
  2. Yes! I agree, my daughter loves animals. She is reading about the five dogs right now, she will love this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie and Boston Blackie are sure to be a hit for your daughter. Do let me know what she thinks of the book after reading.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover. I don't have a dog right now but miss having one. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the cover, too! Gracie is the author's dog. I have my dog, Tidbit, right now, and she's enough for me at the moment.

      Delete
  4. What a fun character for a book series! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sharon. I think the author using his pets as star characters in his mystery series for young readers is ideal! Kids will love it!

      Delete
  5. Ruthi...you won my contest...please check your e-mail and send me your mailing address.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I love being a winner!
      Replied to your email!
      Thank you, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a very fun book for kids. I have to check my Christmas list and see who would like it.

    Thanks for posting the opening on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun indeed, Gilion! This mystery series is going to be a great one for kids!

      Happy to hop along with Book Beginnings on Fridays, thank you!

      Delete
  7. I have read one book by Douglas Quinn.
    I want to read the juvenile detective books that he's written.
    My grandkids would really enjoy this children's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, Gracie is a four-legged detective! Douglas is really on to something with this series.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!