Friday, November 8, 2013

Dog-Ma Book Beginnings

I am delighted to be linking up for the first time with Rose City Reader who hosts the Book Beginnings on Fridays blog hop. In this book blog hop we are to share the opening sentence or so of a book we are reading.

I discovered the Friday book blog hop while visiting Elizabeth at Silver's Reviews.

Fortunately, I have a new pair of reading glasses (have finally adjusted my sights) and can begin to get caught up on my reading of books for pleasure and for review, which generally go hand-in-hand.


Today, I wish to share with you the beginning of the book...

Dog-Ma: the Zen of Slobber

by Barbara Boswell Brunner.

"It is everywhere. The stark white walls shimmer with droplets like a Jackson Pollack painting. My hand pulses with pain as I struggle to separate the combatants, one collar in each outstretched hand. Rivulets of red run down my arm and I am unsure if it belongs to me. I cannot, I must not fixate on it. My heart pounds until I am sure it will escape my chest; each beat pronounced and strong. My predicament is clear: let go of one and the other will perish."

And there you have it, the start of life filled with dog-ma: the zen of slobber, according to Brunner.

I can not wait to sink my teeth into the rest of the Brunner family canine story. Be sure to stay tuned for my full book review to be announced here on Ruthi Reads.

Also for your reading pleasure is my rave review of my all-time favorite book: Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.


5 comments:

  1. So glad you found the hop via me. :) WELCOME!!!

    ENJOY your week. Your beginning is great...wonderful imagery.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like the mentionable fact, Elizabeth! Yes, Dog-Ma is a good read so far!

      Delete
    2. :) THANKS for the mention.

      And I see you commented on my blog too.

      Delete
    3. Smiles, and comments, make the internet world go round!

      Delete
    4. That sure is true...mostly comments. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!