Friday, August 19, 2011

Pushing to the Front for Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers, authors, and reviewers. Each week a new question is offered up for us to answer in our blog post for the hop.

This week’s question:





"What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?”
(Note:
I’m putting one caveat on this question. You aren’t allowed to say the Bible, Torah, Qur’an, or other religious/spiritual text.)
"


MY RESPONSE: Great question, as I hadn't given this book a thought in a long time. The longest book I ever read was also one of the best books I've ever read.

Written by author Orison Swett Marden, "Pushing To The Front" was 800+ pages in length. The 2-volume publication was a spirit-awakening for this reader in that the author repeatedly presented proof that success is to be had by anyone who wants it, regardless -- in fact, because of -- adversity.

To this day I recall a quote I memorized from the book when I read it many, many, suns ago: Nature never lets a man rest until he has found his place. She haunts him and drives him until all his faculties give their consent, and he falls into his proper niche.


6 comments:

  1. Love the quote. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quote explains my lifelong insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book....but I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, "Pushing To The Front" is a classic "help yourself as well as help others" read! I have no doubt you would love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower - come by and visit us www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Seduced By Books gal! Stopped by for a visit and returned the follow - hoping to help you reach your Blogiversary goal of 400 followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!