Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 2/23/11

WoW! I've been so busy that I forgot it was Wednesday, until a friend emailed me she awaits my WoW post, OOPs! Thanks, Brenda! (That's what friends are for..:-)

Still reading from The Capablanca Variation, a novel by author Douglas Quinn. My WoW 100 Word share with you today is from the top of Chapter 39:

"Remei was falling behind.

If anything happens to Blair, I will become a terrorist-hunting, killing machine.

Within minutes, the river was no longer navigable. Remei ran the inflatable onto the right bank. She got out and pulled the rubber boat up onto the shore. Once she got Jennie and the backpack out, she pulled the boat further away from the river, in case there was an unexpected heavy rain upstream and the river came up.

For the moment, she put Jennie back into the rubber boat where it would be more comfortable for her. Remei slipped on her backpack and..."

Puchase via abitosunshine:
The Capablanca Variation: The End Game


WoW Weekly 100 Words:

Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items.

And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week. Don't wait for them to come to you ... somebody has to be first ... networking works if we work it!

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.


5 comments:

  1. Ha ha - no problem - and yes that is what friends are for! I just love that word 'navigable' - Leave it to Douglas Quinn! LOL.
    I think I really have to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Brenda! "The Capablanca Variation" is a worthy read, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great WoW! It's absolutely wonderful to know I can be late and still be welcomed :) You Ladies both Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet One, you could be weeks late and I'd be delighted to have you..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun! Thanks for allowing people to join anyday of the week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!