Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 3/1/11

I started a new job this week, so my body clock is running a bit off; thus, I figured I might not be in the mood to do this post at four in the morning, which is why it's getting posted on Tuesday evening. It is ever so good to be able to say that I am no longer among the unemployed, so believe me, I'm not really complaining about the schedule -- it's just taking some getting used to.

Still reading from The Capablanca Variation, a novel by author Douglas Quinn. My WoW Weekly 100 Words blog hop share with you today is from Chapter 45:

"It seemed to take forever before the next morning's sunrise. Remei and Blair were ready to go but had to wair for Jennie, who wanted to take a bath in the river before they left. It was the third one she'd taken since they arrived at the compound.

"All the death and seeing you after...you know," she said to Blair. "This place makes me feel dirty and I can't seem to scrub it off."

The previous day they had buried the five bodies in shallow graves behind one of the buildings. They kept three of the AK-47's to..."

Puchase via abitosunshine:
The Capablanca Variation: The End Game



WoW Weekly 100 Words:

Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items.

And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week. Don't wait for them to come to you ... somebody has to be first ... networking works if we work it!

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.


4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha now you are getting like...I always write the Thinking on Thursday Wednesday night! And I am waiting for you on Wednesday mornings...but you beat me this week!
    4 AMs get easier after a while - besides just ask Cynthia - - 4am is the witching hour! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a night owl all my life, early mornings never get easier for me, but I'll muddle through because I must do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job, I envy you, they are a rarity these days. I actually wrote mine last night too but waited to post this morning. For some reason I am not seeing my updates as I should. Not sure what is going on there. *waves at Brenda* 4 am is surely something that is right, not sure what though :) I'm up getting started about then, some days it takes quite awhile to feel charged and ready to go. All I can say is if you have glass on your oven door, stay clear of it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, this job was long awaited; I've been unemployed almost 2 years! Ohio sucks for jobs; well, I guess just about everywhere does these days. I'm off today and am SO enJOYin' waking up slowly and the flavor of cup after cup of coffee, LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!