Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 2/16/11

It's been a lovely and WoW weather week thus far, what with Love Day on Monday -- hope you all gave and received lots o' lovin' -- and we've had pure sweet sunshine daily for a change. I do hope you've been fortunate enough to have same.

Now, it's time for WoW Weekly 100 Words! Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items.

And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week. Don't wait for them to come to you ... somebody has to be first ... networking works if we work it!

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.

I continue to be zapped for reading time at the moment, but did get through a few more chapters of The Capablanca Variation, a novel by author Douglas Quinn. My WoW 100 Word share with you today is from the top of Chapter 37:

"Nash was edgy about Blair Fontaine and Remei Savall's mission to rescue Jennie. Usually, he set things in motion, then dispassionately watched from the security of his offic or home while events unfolded. In this case, he felt a special kinship with Jennifer Ellis and, under the circumstances, felt personally obligated for her well being.

He felt bad that he hadn't contacted her father in North Carolina about her situation. Nash admired Henry Ellis and was not only amused but amazed when eight years earlier, the man single-handedly took on both the U.S. and the Spanish government to effect..."

Puchase via abitosunshine:
The Capablanca Variation: The End Game


6 comments:

  1. That book still looks really good to me. I might just have to go out and buy it!
    Thanks for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you do, Brenda, and I'm sure Doug would appreciate it, too! And... that's why I've included the purchase link in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting some GREAT teasers this week! Sorry for being a day late - I was dealing with a sniffly eight year old practicing his cursive yesterday :P. While I'm at it - Ruthi - you won my giveaway for the Paws and Tales DVD Certificate!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, I'm a winner, hooRAYo! Thanks, Emily!

    Hahaha on the sniffly 8 year old; I DO understand! No worries about the time. Besides, I just left your post and I loved your book excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a sniffly 8 year old of my own right now!

    Girls with Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kel! Thankfully no wee ones here, mine is 38 and sometimes I wish he were 8 all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!