Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 2/2/2011

So the groundhog says Spring is on the way, hooRAYo! Mother Nature, however, is reminding me it's still winter! The freezing rain of yesterday has been replaced with high winds blowing in a whole lot of winter white--viewed through my window as I type--a good day to stay bundled up inside with a good book.

I've had to set up an account with a new free linky service, since the one I'd been using decided no more free service, so I do hope this linky list works today. Now utilizing inlinkz for this WoW 100 Hop.

Today, for WoW Weekly 100 Words, using The Word Count Tool, I'll share with you 100 words from the book I'm currently reading: The Capablanca Variation, a novel by author Douglas Quinn. This excerpt is from Chapter 27:

     "I want to know the name of the large man with the mashed up nose who followed you out of the bus station in Rabat. And I want to know where I can find him." She nudged the weapon harder against him to emphasize that she was not only serious but in a hurry.
     I don't know who you're-" Then, "Owww!" as Remei smacked the muzzle of the gun against his testacles.
     Now Arnab was crying. "Why are you asking me about him?" he whined.
     I thought you didn't know who I was talking about." She smacked him again and..."

----------

WoW WEEKLY 100 WORDS is a weekly event held each Wednesday here at Ruthi Reads! Hop along by sharing what you're currently reading! You can hop in anytime during the week. I'd like to read what you're currently reading, so just add your WoW 100 post link to the linky list! And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list each week...networking works if we work it!



10 comments:

  1. Hi Ruthi!
    I wrote my 100 WOW words last night and I wanted SO badly to post them, but I waited for you! LOL and now they are linked in and I am so glad...I hope we get some new hoppers. I actually saw some on my blog roll and I am going to invite them over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing it right... Should be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthi,
    You NEED to go to my post and hop on the other WOW!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - The bit about the mashed up nose made me laugh! Love this teaser!! I replaced the giveaway form, let me know if it works for you. I am in Chrome and i tried it in Firefox and it worked there, too. I'm very sorry it didn't load for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coral, you did just fine and I'm happy to see you hop along!

    Emily, for some reason the form still doesn't work for me. I'll try again tomorrow!

    Brenda, behave, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great 100 words Ruthi! Rough lady but I'm guessing she has good cause.

    I am running late with getting my post up. I wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know I have not forgotten. I'll be back. I'm late with a lot of things and still reading the same book from last week. It's a good book, I am just a bad girl LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that linky link. It looks really nice and works great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia, must I tell you to behave, too? LOL Glad you like the linky, I do too!

    We have good 100 Word shares this week, hooRAYo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heading around now to see all the shares while HUBBY cooks dinner! :D Ruthi, let me know if the form on my blog loads properly. I'm so sorry I couldn't see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!