Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop 8

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together, linking blogs with a Linky list. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers. Thanks for the hop, Jennifer!

Each week there's a member-provided question to answer and post to your blog. This week's Book Blogger Hop question is provided by Barb of Sugarbeat's Books:

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

Actually, I'm an eclectic reader, pretty much reading across all genres. Just as my personal activities are varied and may change according to current mood and interests, so does my choice in reading material. I feel that diversification is empowering. Each book, regardless of genre, is written by an author with a unique voice with their own story to tell or information to share. Knowledge can be gleaned from each book I read and this makes any book of any genre enjoyable reading for me. Each book holds the key to open a new door leading to a new world. There's never a dull moment of reading since my bookshelf contains many choices to fit whatever my mind or spirit is in the mood for at that moment in time.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ruthi!
    Thanks for the visit! I've enjoyed reading your reponse! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthi!

    Thanks for stopping by from the hop. I am so happy to find another eclectic reader!!!! New follower :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by. Always happy to see an eclectic reader and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm not the only eclectic reader! I'm trying to hit all the eclectic book review bloggers this week. I enjoyed your thoughts! Hopping by from http://southernfiberreads.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see so many eclectic readers hop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I read mostly YA, but I also love non-fiction books about history, memoirs, urban fantasy, adult fiction, etc.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruthi!
    I find that lately I've been reading whatever ends up crossing my threshold for a review. It's been a really long time that I've actually had the opportunity to read a book of 'my own choosing.' Sometimes that's not so good.
    I find that the genre I'm most drawn to is mystery or crime. As an author I find that most of the stuff I read I already figure out the story line way before the end of the book - that sort of kills the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brenda! You should hop along in the book blogger hop; you answered the hope question well! Me... I rarely figure them out, mostly because I don't try to ... I enJOY every word of the journey and relish all the surprise twists and turns that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping by:) As a multi-genre reader myself, i totally agree with your view.

    Have a nice Sunday:)

    http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just hopping by. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark. I'm a new follower. :)

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also skip amongst most of the genres! I love that I go pick a book that fits my mood!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pepca, love how you got your name..:-)

    Tevya, thanks for the follow!

    Kel, mighty nice to meet another moody one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!