Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WoW Weekly 100 Words 12.29.2010

WoW! This will be the last week of 2010 posting. 2011 is soon to arrive. Happy New Year! WOW WEEKLY 100 WORDS

Hop along on the WoW WEEKLY 100 WORDS with me! Once you've created your post on your own blog, return here to ADD your WoW 100 post URL to the Linky list for this week and I'll be reading you!





I'm happy to say that this week I have finished reading two books:

Write Ways to Win Writing Contests by John Howard Reid
Son of My Soul: The Adoption of Christopher by Debra Shiveley Welch





So, later this week I'll be posting my reviews of both books. Lord willing and the creek don't rise. (As my Grandma used to say whenever someone said they were going to do something.)
 
Today, for WoW Weekly 100 Words, using The Word Count Tool, I'll share with you 100 words from the book I've just begun reading--The Capablance Variation, a novel by Douglas Quinn. From page 3:
 
"Maybe she should have told her dad about it, but after Mark had first confronted her about her brother, she'd tracked down Theo on her own. She hadn't wanted to bring her dad into it. He'd almost been arrested once, himself, after shucking-and-jiving the U.S. State Department and, as they called it, interfering in government national security business. National Security! The catchall excuse for whatever the government wanted to get away with. Jennie laughed at her own thought. She had become as cynical as her father. But public opinion and the news-show talking heads had kept the government off..."
 
 

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!