Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 6

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together, linking blogs with a Linky list. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers. Each week there's a member-provided question to answer and post to your blog. Here is this week's Book Blogger Hop question, provided by Alex and my answer:



"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

For me, it is the combination of both plot and character that is important to the story I'm reading. The characters need to be believable--or unbelievable--whichever the plot requires them need be! There's nothing ruins what could be a great story than characters who seem to just plod along or well-defined characters to a poorly played-out plot. One should clearly enhance the other in order to eliminate ennui with the book in hand.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that a combination of the two is the best way to go! Nothing can compare to a book with deep characters and a plot to keep you on the edge of your seat. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to have one without the other that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, thanks for stoppin' by to see my answer to your question for the Hop!

    Indeed, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex stopping on through, to wish you a happy holidays. I agree a story needs both .

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the story! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!