Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 4

Hoppin' right along for another week of the Book Blogger Hop challenge, hosted by Crazy-for-Books.com. I hope you hop on over there for all the Hop details and if you're a book blogger, hop along with us!

The Book Blogger Hop connects book bloggers and readers together, linking blogs with a Linky list. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers. The Hop runs each week from Friday to Monday, although it isn't mandatory to participate each week. To encourage participation, there's a weekly member-provided question to answer and post to your blog. Here is this week's Book Blogger Hop question, provided by Marce and my answer:

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

I rarely succumb to hype or popularity in any category and especially not with books; my choice of reading material is my own and I don't mind at all sharing what I think of a book within my book review; I write honest, though sensitive reviews. Only occasionally have I mentioned something negative in a book review and even then it was done in a creative manner or because it was something I wanted the author to know, as well as the reader.

My book reviews tend to be creative writing of my own, written as to the mood or feeling the author created in me while reading the book. I rarely give a personal commentary with my book reviews, other than in my telling of the book's story. I guess this means that most of my book reviews make the books sound wonderfully written--a fact which I believe to be true of most books.


***Now, for a bit of shameless self-promotion hopping your way***

I'd like to take this opportunity to plug my own newly-created hop and hope all you book bloggers and readers will join the fun and help spread the word: WoW Weekly 100 Words

11 comments:

  1. Old follower hopping through! I like the way your construct your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I'm not into bashing books, but I do absolutely let my readers know what I did and didn't like about a book. Unfortunately, few are well-written enough for me! I guess I'm just picky that way :)

    Anyway, glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I'm glad you found me, too!

    And, it's good we all have different ways of doing things, and different interests. I'm not critical of a writer at all, unless I am giving a constructive critique. I believe we all have stories to tell and we tell them in our own way. Some will like them; some will not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. New follower. I'll write negative reviews and I think they're fine as long as they're fair.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison! In all fairness, I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate you stopping by. I enjoy negative reviews because of all the different opinions bloggers have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love writing negative reviews. It's too bad that means reading bad books.

    My Blog Hop post on: Dan Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marce, I, too, enJOY the diversity of interest and opinion found in book reviews.

    Clark, I guess it's to each his own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog, stopping by to return the favour! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!