Friday, July 8, 2011

WoW 100 Roommate Reader Choice

Due to the loss of a family member, I've not read at all this past week. Thus, my friend and roommate, Scott, is selecting my WoW 100 Words share for you this week. Scott had shown an interest in this book when it arrived in my mailbox and has completed reading: Disrupted Lives by author Brenda Youngerman.

Scott's thoughts on this Youngerman novel:

"The book is well put together, having accurate history about the old south, and customs, and how racially prejudiced people really were. I enjoyed the two brothers, how they lived apart; how they both became pro quarterbacks was fantastic.

And yes! Yes, I would buy the book! But, of course, I didn't have to because I read Ruthi's copy, before she did!"

Scott's choice words to share with you are from chapter EIGHT, page 64:
    
     The acquittal of Kelvin Farm was headline news in Atlanta. Fiona, who had not spoken to Chad in over six months, called and said, "Did you do that?"
     "Do what Mama?"
     "Get that colored out of jail?"
     "Yes, ma'am, I did!" he said jubilantly.
     "Shame on you!" she said, "I have never been as ashamed of you as I am today." She hung up the phone.
     Chad put the receiver back into the cradle and just stared at the phone. What is wrong with her, he thought.
     Chad quickly became the defender of those who were innocent and were willing...

I invite you to share the book(s) you are currently reading by hopping along in my book blog hop, WoW Weekly 100 Words. Although this is a Wednesday hop, you are welcome to hop in at any time throughout the week. Just grab the button and link for your blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items. And be sure to visit throughout the week so you can introduce yourself to others on the WoW lists each week.

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.


4 comments:

  1. Well, first let me say, Thank you Scott
    and can you post that on Amazon - the review...not the 100 words! and
    Second...I am so glad that it portrays the south so well...it lets me know I did my research adequately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I'm not sure we can get this on Amazon. Scottie doesn't do computer stuff and doesn't even have an email, lol. I don't think I can post it in without him having an Amazon account. I will try and let you know.

    Scottie says, "You're welcome, Brenda!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brenda's book cover--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!