Friday, July 29, 2011

Growing Up In Boom Times now Book Blog Hopping

I am kind of glad that I did not get around to doing a mail call to announce receipt of this gem of a book. As fate would have it, announcing its arrival fits perfectly for this week's Book Blogger Hop question.

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers, authors, and reviewers. Each week a new question is offered up for us to answer in our blog post for the hop.

This week’s question:

"Highlight one book you have received this week (for review, from the library, purchased at the store, etc.) that you can’t wait to dig into!"


My Response: I purchased my signed copy of "Growing Up In Boom Times" by author and friend, Chris Brockman. As much as I wanted to read this beauty from cover-to-cover immediately, I have forced myself to keep two other book titles for review in front of it. Of course, it is only natural that I'd sneak a peek between the covers on occasion with it reaching out to me from the top of the pile of books upon my desk waiting to be read.

"Growing Up In Boom Times" is a trip down memory lane for those of us who grew up as Baby Boomers. However, it isn't just a glance at our past; it's a glance at our future -- viewed through the eyes of our present.

Enough about the book for now, lest I spoil it for you. I will share with you the personalized signing from Chris:

To Ruthi, who brings Sunshine
into so many people's lives.
Chris Brockman
06-21-11

How cool is that! While it warms the spirit...

5 comments:

  1. That sounds so interesting. Can't wait to read your review. Blog Hop & Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is it that you always have just the right thing for the posts???? I can hardly wait for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! The book sounds interesting! I hope you enjoy it :)

    -Amanda Welling

    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin and Amyer23! Thank you both for following my blog and I hope to see you hopping along in WoW 100 Words!

    Brenda, thanks for hopping along! I do seem to get lucky with such things, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m seeing a lot of single answer responses with Twilight being by far the most popular choice. I really must analyze all the elements of that series that send girls ga-ga. Such studies are a part of the never-ending "code breaking” we males need to continuously execute to understand and relate with the fairer sex.

    I’ve cracked about 80% of the code. I will continue cracking the code until I reach 100% success. Then I’ll write a book for men and become a billionaire overnight.

    BUT I DIGRESS....

    I’ve got four different series I can read over and over again. Three of them were written by deceased authors and three of them are fantasy adventures.

    Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and find out how far off the beaten track I’ve gone with my favorite book series!

    Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!