Friday, July 15, 2011

Where to Buy Books - Book Blogger Hop

It's been a long while since I've particpated in The Book Blogger Hop, so today I decided to make and take the time to do so.
The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers.

Each week a new question is offered up for us to answer in our post for the hop. This week’s question comes from Veronica of Read Books Have Fun.


"How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

My Response:  In past decades, I'd purchased my books in bookstores, usually neighborhood used bookstores, and also picked up many a good read at garage and yard sales. For the past decade, I would say most books I purchase directly from the authors I have met online. I also occasionally purchase from Amazon.com.

Best of all for the past couple of years, most of the books that I read are offered up via authors at Reviews4Reviews.com, where I am a registered book reviewer, in exchange for a posted book review.

I also enter a lot of book giveaways on the internet and generally win two or three books a month by doing so. In fact, just yesterday I was announced winner of "The Art of Forgiving" book giveaway over at Two Kids and Tired Books.

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see you hopping along this week!
    And I love your answers - get that plug in for R4R!
    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree there are many choices and availabilities for book enthusiasts, Howard. I don't like to get my books from libraries, as I like to own the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a "me" day today, Brenda, and part of that was time spent catching up with blog friends. I enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used bookstores are the best! Thanks for hopping by today! I'm now following you in return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy, I love used bookstores. I worked in one for a year awhile back. I think I spent half my paycheck at work! Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coming across something good in a yard sale or used book stores.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm returning the favor.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yard sales and neighborhood bookstores are wonderful book havens. Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower stopping by... Thanks for the other ideas of where else I can buy books other than Amazon.

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ruthie....Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by to visit if you can. I usually get my books from the library.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kristin! Nice to have you stop by and follow my blog. ZMy favorite is directly from authors. That way, I get a signed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, I'll be hopping over to visit you, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!