Friday, July 15, 2011

Where to Buy Books - Book Blogger Hop

It's been a long while since I've particpated in The Book Blogger Hop, so today I decided to make and take the time to do so.
The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com, connects book bloggers and readers together. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers.

Each week a new question is offered up for us to answer in our post for the hop. This week’s question comes from Veronica of Read Books Have Fun.


"How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

My Response:  In past decades, I'd purchased my books in bookstores, usually neighborhood used bookstores, and also picked up many a good read at garage and yard sales. For the past decade, I would say most books I purchase directly from the authors I have met online. I also occasionally purchase from Amazon.com.

Best of all for the past couple of years, most of the books that I read are offered up via authors at Reviews4Reviews.com, where I am a registered book reviewer, in exchange for a posted book review.

I also enter a lot of book giveaways on the internet and generally win two or three books a month by doing so. In fact, just yesterday I was announced winner of "The Art of Forgiving" book giveaway over at Two Kids and Tired Books.