Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 3/16/11

This week I begin reading and sharing with you from a new novel, Sworn To Secrecy For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia, by author Charles Joseph Fickey. The following 100 word excerpt is taken from Chapter 1, "Jump at Orel" February 1943:

Reuss remarked, "Flying this trip in the dark is no picnic, but I would rather be flying this plane than going where you are going. Remember we are flying low, so get that chute open fast." The pilot then said, "Hals und beinbruch!" (Good Luck!)

The passenger got up and went back and stood by the opened bomb bay doors, and when he heard the pilot hit the buzzer, he jumped into the black abyss. The blast of arctic cold air against his face as he fell through the air made him fully awake, and he wondered how he got..."
 
Puchase via abitosunshine:
Sworn to Secrecy - For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia



WoW Weekly 100 Words:

Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items. And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week. Don't wait for them to come to you ... somebody has to be first ... networking works if we work it!

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.


6 comments:

  1. Not so sure this one looks so good to me...but I definitely can see where there is a market for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! When the author contacted me about reading and reviewing "Sworn to Secrecy..." I was intrigued by the synopsis. So far, not at all disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this books sounds really cool and like something that i would pick up, however, i'm going to miss the excerpts from the other book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly an intriguing place to leave us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I am working on the review for The Capablanca Variation and should post it within the week. It really is a good read and you should get yourself a copy. So far I'm enJOYing Sworn To Secrecy For Life, too. And about to share another 100 Words from it..:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!