Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WoW 100 Words 3/23/11

WoW! It's Wednesday already! My Monday, though I was so busy the last two days I don't feel like I had a day off at all; seemingly worked harder at home than I do at work, but it is much more self-satisfying!

Reading from the novel, Sworn To Secrecy For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia, by author Charles Joseph Fickey. The following 100 word excerpt is taken from Chapter 7, "Physical Exam and Basic Training":

One day, in the third week, he was called to the company commander's office. He wondered, "What did I do wrong?" He couldn't think of anything. He reported, "Private Franklin, Sir," as he saluted the commanding officer. The captain, sitting behind his desk, returned his salute, handed him a written message from the camp commander, General Hamilton's office, and said resignedly, "Private Franklin, will you write to your mother." His mother had called the commanding general to find out why he had not written a letter. Cliff answered, "Yes, Sir," and turned and left. As he walked out he read..."

Puchase via abitosunshine: Sworn to Secrecy - For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia


WoW Weekly 100 Words:

Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items. And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week.

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.



4 comments:

  1. Interesting choice of books this week Ms. Ruthi. Sounds good an juicy to me. Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying "Sworn To Secrecy For Life" so far, Brenda. Oh...it's not my "hump day" it's my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really cool. I love WWII books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, then, Alison, I think you would truly enJOY this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!