Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WoW Weekly 100 Words 3/30/11

Good afternoon WoW Weekly 100 Words readers!

I've been to the dentist this morning and go back tomorrow for extraction and/or oral surgery. I'm not happy about missing a few days of work over this, but will be happy when the pain has pulled away.

I must tell you that I am thoroughly enjoying reading Sworn To Secrecy For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia, by author Charles Joseph Fickey. I like the author's writing style and the almost step-by-step way Fickey walks the reader through each experience of his novel, leaving me to feel as if I, myself, were the young American spy in training.

Today, I share with you from Chapter 14, titled, "Introduction to the president by Gruber":

     "Come on in and sit down with us, Captain Franklin," the president said, motioning toward a chair near the right corner of his desk. Cliff walked to the chair, gave a salute, and sat down. It was evident that the president was impressed with this.
     The president spoke, "Franklin, I like that name," and he gave a chuckle he usually did when he thought he had said something funny. Of course, Gruber and Cliff also chuckled. "Where are you from, Captain Franklin? You don't mind if I call you Cliff?"
     Cliff answered, "Morgantown, West Virginia, Sir."
     "Oh, that's coal country..."

Puchase this book via abitosunshine: Sworn to Secrecy - For Life: A Young American Spy's Odyssey through War-torn Germany and Russia

WoW Weekly 100 Words:
Although this is a Wednesday blog hop hosted here at Ruthi Reads!, you are welcome to hop in at any time. Just grab the button and link for you blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items. And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW list during week.

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.



3 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm a bit late - but better late than never --- hope your dental work goes okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, you're never too late to WoW me!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I keep reading about people going to the dentist today? Maybe it's 'cause I promised my husband I'd make myself an appointment, but I've got a cold--that's my excuse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!