Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Going to Yale

     "Mama, I'm going to Yale and that's that!" Chad said, sitting across the table from her. "Now will you please stop making this a bigger deal than it has to be?"
     She stared at him, not blinking one time. "Chad, that's a Yankee school! We are Southerners!"
     "Mama, the war between the States ended almost a hundred years ago. I've been accepted with a full scholarship to Yale, and I'm not turnin' it down because you think we're still at war."
     "Don't you talk to me that way!" Fiona scolded him.
     "I apologize if you think I'm showin' you disrespect..."

***

Of course, you now realize I was not making an announcement that I am going to Yale. Instead, this is a 100 word excerpt from the book I am currently reading: Disrupted Lives by author Brenda Youngerman. The excerpt was taken from page 49, chapter SIX.

***
I invite you to share the book(s) you are currently reading by hopping along in my book blog hop, WoW Weekly 100 Words. Although this is a Wednesday hop, you are welcome to hop in at any time throughout the week. Just grab the button and link for your blog post where you share exactly 100 words from your current read(s) and add your post URL to the linky list provided at the end of this post. Feel free to share anything else you'd like on your post, especially book-related items. And be sure to visit and/or introduce yourself to others on the WoW lists each week.

I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts. I type in the box provided, then once I have 100 words, I copy and paste it right into my blog post.

5 comments:

  1. I actually thought you were going to Yale....Man that is some fine writing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book sounds really good! and, the comments above are a hilarious good time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda and I can be hilarious on occasion, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking you had a linky for any book reviews? That's what I hopped over here for. But, great book....I'm up to page 90 right now and will get back to reading it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!