Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Horse in Heat

I am almost finished with the reading of "Horses Who Eat Potatoes: And Other Truer-than-life Stories of "The Other Family Doctor" but thought I would share another excerpt with you before writing my book review. (Which should be posted over the weekend.)

Sharing 100 words from page 154 of the chapter "Beyond the Book":


"...There is an injection in horses that will bring them into "heat" so that they can be bred. It will also cause an early loss of a baby, if given in the first few weeks of a pregnancy.
     A "friend" of mine called and said her stallion had gotten loose with the neighbor's mare and she wanted me to come give this injection. As the story unfolded, I began to get the uneasy feeling that she was going to want me to come out "on the sly", without the mare owner's knowledge, to give the medication.
     I told her I..."




WHAT DO YOU THINK THE VET DID?
  • Did the mare receive the injection?
  • What would you do in this situation?
  • Did you know there was an injection to bring a horse into heat?
  • How do you feel about the use of this medication for horses?

Previously shared WoW 100 Words from this same book:
Horses Who Eat Potatoes



Do you have an interesting book to share?

Check out the guidelines for WoW Weekly 100 Words and hop along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!