Whet your wing-shooting appetite on this dove in its winged beauty.
Tips for your Dove Hunting Trip
- Know the flight patterns from roost to feeding fields to watering holes. Your Argentina dove hunting guides will already know and share this information with you.
- Aim is important; follow-through is essential. Swing to follow the flight direction of the bird.
- Dress the part! Wear proper dove hunting clothing and you will be dressed for a successful hunt. (Do not forget your camera to get a shot of you as well as your birds.)
Top Tip: Visit the dove hunting blog for more tips to make your dove hunting trip to Argentina a unique experience, one you will never forget.
After a successful day of dove hunting you will have bagged enough dove for a feast for your hunting party. Here is a favorite recipe of mine to be served with grilled corn-on-the-cob or your favorite side dish.
Grilled Dove Breast Shish Kabobs
- Required: 4 - 8 dove breasts per person. (How hungry are you?)
- Marinate dove meat for 1 hour in red wine vinegar + olive oil + chipotle powder. Save the marinade to brush the kabobs with during cooking.
- Alternate on kabob skewers: dove breast, pear quarters, onion quarters, cherry tomatoes. Of course, if you have favorite fruits and vegetables, you may substitute.
- Place on grill, baste with marinade. Grill for 5 minutes; turn, baste; grill another 5 minutes; turn and baste again and grill for another 5 minutes or until done.
Tip: Do not overcook. Dove is a dark meat and tends to dry when overcooked. Vegetables should have a tender but crisp texture. For more even and indirect cooking, use wood grill planks.
Top Tip: Take a trip to the Cordoba province for an unforgettable experience in dove hunting in Argentina. Stay at the Casa Rosada Lodge and your hosts will prepare a feast for you and serve it to you in style!