Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ADA: Behind Closed Doors

This 100-word excerpt is found in Chapter 3, on page 40, of Ada: Legend of a Healer, by R.A. McDonald:


     "Who's following us?"
     Jessie set the bag back on the ground when she saw Ada's stubborn expression.
     "See, this is why I left you in foster care, right under their noses. I didn't want you to have to spend your life on the run."
     "Whose noses?" Ada asked getting nervous over the frightened look Jessie would make at the faintest sound. The halls were empty and lined with closed doors. They seemed to be in a janitorial area of the hospital.
     "The senator and his hired help." Jessie picked up Ada's bag and handed it to her. "If they see..."



Previously shared excerpts of Ada: Legend of a Healer:

ADA Legend of a Healer leaves Foster Care


Share 100 words from the book(s) you are currently reading. Blog hop along with WoW Weekly 100 Words. Just snag the hop badge and link, add it to your post on your blog, then return here to add your blog post to the linky list provided at the end of the weekly post.

Note: I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts.



2 comments:

  1. Ruthi, either you are really good at picking the 100 words, or really good at picking books! Either way, very gripping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Scather approves my selections! Actually, the author "picked me" so to speak, by requesting I read and review Ada. I am ever so glad that I agreed to do so. The book and its artwork are not at all disappointing thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!