Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rudolph, A Child's Love Story is a Magical Gift

Accept it!

Not really knowing much about Rudolph, A Child's Love Story, I let my author friend, Mary Russel, know that I planned to purchase a copy to read and review in time for Christmas (hoping to generate holiday sales).

I really had no idea what a magical gift Rudolph would be to read until I began reading the prologue of the book. I share a portion of that prologue with you now:

    
    "...Brian and I learned to ice skate together. When our dog, Rufus died, we comforted each other. We played store with empty boxes and cans. Brian taught me to read. He outgrew his jeans and tees and they were passed down to me. When I wore them, I pretended I was him, as if in wearing them, I could capture some of the magic that was my big brother. Can we ever be close again?
     I was told I am special because I was chosen. I wonder how that makes Brian feel.
     Even my toys seem to be mocking me..."



My full review of this book will be posted soon! In the meantime, I do hope you will share the book that has currently caught your reader eye!

Blog hop right along with WoW Weekly 100 Words. Share a 100-word excerpt of a book you are currently reading. Just snag the hop badge and link, add it to your post on your blog, then return here to add your blog post to the linky list provided at the end of this post.

Note: I use The Word Count Tool to count my book excerpts.


3 comments:

  1. Love excerpt. I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthi. I read your blog post when you posted it and thought I had commented but I guess I didn't. I'm so sorry. Thank you so much for your lovely post. I'm delighted you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!