Friday, November 26, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 4

I'm feelin' a bit like a slow-cooked turkey today, so a bit late in getting my post up for this week for the Book Blogger Hop challenge, hosted by Crazy-for-Books.com. I hope you hop on over there for all the Hop details and if you're a book blogger, hop along with us!

The Book Blogger Hop connects book bloggers and readers together, linking blogs. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers. The Hop runs each week from Friday to Monday, although it isn't mandatory to participate each week. (Though my thought is, Why join if I don't intend to commit to participate?)

It's quite easy to hop along! Only three things to do: 1) Enter your book blog link in the weekly linky list at Crazy-for-Books.com; 2) Post about the Book Blogger Hop on your blog; and 3) Reciprocate by visiting other blogs on the weekly linky list!

Also, to encourage participation, there's a weekly question to answer and post to your blog. You can even suggest a question! Here is this week's Book Blogger Hop question and my answer:

"What is your favorite book cover?"

My first thought when I read this question, Great question, but I love them all! However, I'll try to pick just one; well, maybe two or three!  

I cannot help but fall in love with any book whose cover shares a bit o' sunshine! Here's a recently purchased example: Restored Hope by Brenda Youngerman. And a book I recently read and reviewed: The Ghost of Useppa Island by Kimberly Ripley. 
Then there are the books that bedazzle your every sense the moment you lay eyes upon the cover, promising an abundance of amazement to be experienced while reading the words between the covers. Forever Becoming by Kasey Klein had such an effect on me. And, you could be holding this beauty in your hands as the winner of my current WoW Book Giveaway!

12 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I like both of your covers. I'd love to be in either one of those places right now.

    My cover is a bit less inspirational. :)

    Have a great hop!

    Selena
    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selena! You caught me amid editing my post, you are hoppin' quick today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from the Friday Blog Hop. Sunshine --- perfect for book covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... sunshine on the beach and a cool drink. That sounds much better than the cold. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, thanks for hoppin' by!

    Teresa ... DITTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from the HOP! I live where there is supposed to be sunshine ~ but it is going down below 40 tonight! Good grief.

    I hope you have a chance to visit one of my blogs: LibrarysCatBooks and Never Forget: Holocaust Resources !!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from the hop. The Ghost of Useppa Island is my favorite of the 3 you listed. Very intriguing title. Have a great weekend!

    http://twobibliomaniacs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at these sunshine covers during this cold we are having today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I know what you mean, it is getting way too cold for my old bones here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evan/Erin, you'll not be disappointed with The Ghost of Useppa Island. It's a chapbook-length-read; a great storytelling by the author.

    Kimber, thankfully we had sunshine today, but now that it's dark, it is o' so very cold! I just made myself a large mug of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well....I do seem to be a bit biased about one of the covers....after all I had a hand in choosing one. BUT - - I am in the middle of reading another one so can I chicken out and say I like them all equally? Or is that unfair? So if I had to pick just one it would have to be that old sunset (or is it a sunrise?) on the beach with the dog because after all .....who knows.... it might just be a self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brenda! Always delighted by the author's presence on my blog posts, thank you! You know I love that Restored Hope cover the moment I saw it, and ordered the book immediately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!