Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 3

Hoppin' right along for another week of the Book Blogger Hop challenge, hosted by Crazy-for-Books.com. I hope you hop on over there for all the Hop details and if you're a book blogger, hop along with us!

Book Blogger Hop
The Book Blogger Hop connects book bloggers and readers together, linking blogs. It's a great way to meet and greet fellow book bloggers. The Hop runs each week from Friday to Monday, although it isn't mandatory to participate each week.

To encourage participation, there's a weekly question to answer and post to your blog. Here is this week's Book Blogger Hop question and my answer:

"Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!"

What am I most thankful for is a tough question for me, as I've so many people, places, and things in my life that are on my gratitude list. I would have to say, at this moment in time I am most thankful for a warm roof over my head, warm food in my belly when hungry, and a warm pillow to lay my head upon each night -- all things which warm my spirit, all made possible by the giving spirit of a friend. Next on my gratitude list at the moment would be the pleasure of my canine companion, Tidbit. And last, but surely not least, would be the pleasure of recent time being spent with my son, Billy, and his first son, Liam, a gift of a bundle of joy -- I'm a grandmom!

Sad to say, I don't really have holiday traditions, currently. I guess between divorces, moves, aging, and many life changes, well, I just had the holiday winds taken out of my spirit sails. I now seem to drift along on heartfelt things and daily gratitude as opposed to Thanksgiving traditions. Although, this year I'm participating in the Giving Thanks Challenge throughout the month of November. And I'm thinking I need to create some new holiday traditions for myself in 2011.

Happy Thanksgiving blessings & a bit o' sunshine!

15 comments:

  1. Greetings from the Hop! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via the Hop! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Girls with Books
    Teen Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kel! I'll be hoppin' your way real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog Ruthie. And Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for reciprocating visit and comment. Truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Ruthi :) great blog hopping with you. Have a great weekend! It feels like that for me too. Just breath your spirit back in, and let those winds rise you up. That little baby is a sweetest blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your newest follower! Congrats on being a grandmom!!! I wish you the best this Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cyndi, I love your Dog-Eared and Bookmarked site! Great to have connected with you!

    Cynthia, you just sent me a breath of fresh air--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanksgiving is my holiday. My oldest son's birthday is right at this time so it was understood that this would be my holiday to cook and have everyone over. We usually have the traditional Thanksgiving meal. I cook the dressing that my Mom taught me how to make. I love this time of year. I'm off from work almost the whole week. Love it!!

    www.judithleger.blogspot.com
    www.judithleger.weebly.com

    Also writing as:
    Jadette Paige
    www.jadettepaige.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judith, you surely have good reason for Thanksgiving to be your holiday! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Just hopping by and following though.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!

    Thanks for hopping by The Enchanted Book! I'm a follower now. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    Selena
    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Selena! Great to have you aboard! And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!