Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Author Q 'n' A: Sandi Perry

Author of the book, Love Doesn't Play by the Rules

Tell us a bit about your debut publication, Love Doesn't Play by the Rules:

This is a romance that takes place mostly in New York City. It's the classic good girl meets bad boy, complete with witty repartee and a, well-drawn cast of characters.

What message, if any, did you intend for your readers of Love Doesn't Play by the Rules?

Love is easy; but relationships take work.

What inspired the topic or theme to Love Doesn't Play by the Rules?

I think it's fun to watch a character's world get turned upside down and watch how they scramble to right it.

Sandi, when and why did you decide to become a romance novelist?

I guess I had these characters rolling around in my head for a while and then one day I just sat down and started. I stayed with it every day until it turned into a book.

Do you plan to publish in other genres?

That's a possibility.

How soon can your readers expect another book title on the bookshelf from you? And, of course, tell us all about it!

I am putting the finishing touches on my next book, Come Fly with Me, as we speak. This book also features a strong female lead. She deals with a sudden death of a close family member which sets off a chain of events. The book follows her as she comes to grips with a new reality. Naturally, she meets an interesting male sparring partner along the way.

Tell us a bit about Sandi, beyond writing -- family, friends, interests:

Sandi is married with four grown children. She enjoys creativity of all types and is an interior designer by trade.

What did Sandi, as a child, dream of being, becoming?

I wanted to be Samantha from Bewitched, and I guess that healthy dose of fantasy has carried through to romance novel writing.

What does Sandi, as an adult, dream of being, becoming?

A fulfilled and happy person.

What are your thoughts in regards to Traditional vs Self publishing?

I think self-publishing affords an author an outlet, but it lacks in the marketing and follow through needed for a successful outcome.

Are you a member of any writing organizations, online and offline, and, if so, please tell us about them?

I am part of Authors' Den, you can find me at http://www.authorsden.com/sandiperry.

Who is your favorite author(s) and why?

I like Harper Lee and Ayn Rand.

What is Sandi currently reading?

A mystery thriller by Harlan Coben.

What are your suggestions for authors aspiring to see their work in print?

Just sit down and do it one day at a time. Looking at it as a big picture project is daunting.

Anything in particular you would like to say to your readers?

Allow yourself the time to get lost in the fantasy a good book provides.

----------

As a Reviewer for Reviews4Reviews.com I recently had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Sandi Perry's book. I've also posted the review here on my blog:

Book Review: Love Doesn't Play by the Rules

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy these Q & A for the Authors of the books you review. Gives me more insight into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you do enJOY the author interviews, Karen, and I agree, they give us a wee bit o' background into the author; fun to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! It makes us aware of the background of the author of the book you reviewed... Interesting idea!


    Battling Bedtime Behavior – How To Stop Your Toddler Bedtime Problems

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!